Tuesday 9 April 2013

What we're getting up to this term....

In Art class, all TY students are kept busy working away on different assignments which we've been assigned... in this post we'll keep you all up to date on each students experience of Art this term.

Before Easter we came up with the idea of making puppets. We had just finished our Cassette tape art, I made Robert Sheehan. By using the tape in a Cassette Tapes, we stuck down tape on a page and modelled it on a picture of a celebrity or c haracter we liked. This week I've begun my puppet, by using newspaper to ball up and create a head for my puppet. I drew a character called Nathanial Delacroix, a redneck vampire. I'm hoping my puppet will turn out like him. I'm really excited to see the finished product.
Megan Strickland

For the past few weeks we have all been working on our cassette tape portraits. We picked a celebrity to do the portrait of and got to work stright away as it was going to take a long time. We pulled the tape of out tapes and used this to create a textured and shadowed kind of appearance. I chose Robert Sheehan, nearly all of us have finished and have now moved on to making puppets. We first off had to draw up a sketch of what our character would look like, as something to go by as we make it. Choosing a character is harder than I thought.
Lauren Roche

For our art project we had to mak a portrait picture of a famous person we like. but instead of drawing this person we used cassette tapes and to re create this person. The person I chose is Miku Hatsune a famous singer in Japan. She isn't alive but she is still really popular. it was difficult to do the hair and the little parts of the picture but it came out very well. I am now making the head of my pupet which is going to be a famous pop star who dresses like a cat!! I hope it goes well!
Sarah Quinlan

We have been working on our cassette tape project in art for several weeks now. We had to chooses a portrait of a famous person and use the cassette from inside the tape to cover their faces. The person I chose is Uma Therman. I drew her in great detail which made it reaaaaalllly really hard to cover her in cassettes, but I'm nearly done and soon I will be starting my puppet. I can't wait!
Bennery Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment