Tuesday 16 April 2013

Casette Tapes & Puppets!

In January our class started working on a new project in Art. We began to make portraits of our favourite celebrities out of casette tapes. It took us all a while to source the tapes but as soon as everyone had found some we started the project. We first had to go to the computer room and print off a picture of the celebrity we chose. I chose to do Simon Cowell. We edited the photo into black and white by using an editing website. After we had printed out the pictures we went back to the art room and began to sketch our chosen celebrity. We cut up the pieces of tape and stuck them down using PVA glue. At first I found it very difficult because I amn't very artistic but soon enough I got the hang of things. I only finished my portrait last week but I am very happy with how it turned out.
This week I began to work on my puppet. I first had to sketch a picture of what I want my puppet to look like. I chose to use Homer Simpson as a guideline but I will not be completely copying the character. I then used half an egg carton as the head to create the rectangular shape for the face. I then had to cover the egg carton in newspaper especially the back of the egg carton to create the shape of the head. Hopefully making the rest of the puppet will be a lot of fun and that we'll all enjoy it!

- Ciara.

No comments:

Post a Comment