Monday 22 April 2013

Tape Portraits and Puppet Making!

This term in Art Class we have done lots of new and exciting things! The first thing we did was our Cassette Tape Portraits! Basically, we printed off pictures of famous people, or people we admire and like. I picked Ed Sheeran because I love him! Our first task was to sketch an outline of Ed. The next thing was to actually put tape to paper and begin! I found this projewct quite difficult as you needed a lot of patience and it involved some finicky bits of tape. Overall, everyones looked great and I'm really glad I got to experience this. The next project was puppet making! Which we were all very excited to do. We began collecting all recycable materials, such as, newspaper, toilet roll holders and other things. Then we had to decide what to make then puppet look like, I chose a Rag Doll. I stuffed pink and yellow tights to make the arms and I plan to have yellow and pink hair. We paper mached the head and the basic shape of the puppet. I can't wait to see my Rag Doll finished!
Over and out,
Corrie!

No comments:

Post a Comment