Tuesday 9 April 2013

This term

The week before mid-term I started planning my puppet. I firstly drew the puppet out on a piece of paper to help me along with my puppet. Also in the class I started the head for my puppet, I used newspaper for it. I got newspaper and rolled it in a ball and kept adding to it. I shaped it with masking tape.
In this class today , the first class after mid-term I started shaping the facial features. I taped my head to a piece of cardboard so I wouldnt have to hold it up and it made it easier. I started off with the eyes and used egg carton for it, I put them on with masking tape. I also used egg carton for the nose and also used masking tape to stick it on.

-Amanda

The week before our Easter holidays I began to create my Puppet. I started by planning what kind of a character I was going to make. When I decided on my character I began to draw. I did a ruff sketch of what I plannned on making. I then started making. We began with the head balling up newspapers to create the shape. We added features by building up newspaper in cretain areas. They were stuck down with masking tape and pushed hollows in the eyes and checks!
This week I am doing paper maché. It is a slow process but my Puppet is finally taking shape!
-Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment